- first step (not shown): concept development
agonize for roughly seven days on how to interpret the theme (‘memory’). this step should include (but not be limited to) finding several things that you want to photograph but are either 1) not permitted by the weather of the week, 2) would require a tremendous amount of legal maneuvering, or 3) risk life and/or limb. after all this, you should come back to the first idea that you had when you heard the theme and decide that it’s not that bad after all.
- second step: subject hunt/capture
locate and photograph your grandfather’s pocketwatch (pre-expansion photo shown below).
- third step: subject hunt/capture (cont.)
- fourth step (not shown): hours of toil
bittersweet chocolate, toasted bagel with avocado, and herbal tea highly recommended for best results.
- fifth step: sit back/admire
congratulations, you may now humbly consider yourself a genius.
- sixth step (optional): blog
get your sister to write an overly pretentious blog post about her skewed perception of the photo-making process.